UPDATED: 08/17/2022 – The Lexington Police Department has made an arrest in connection with the shooting death of Kadage Byishmo on July 20, 2022 at Quinton Court.
Keith Denton27 years old, is charged with:
- 1st degree free endangerment
- Tampering with physical evidence
- Three counts of breaching a Kentucky protective order
- Two counts of receiving stolen property (firearms)
- Trafficking in a Controlled Substance 1st Degree (Methamphetamine) – Enhanced with a Firearm
- Possession of a controlled substance (marijuana)
Denton is currently being held at the Fayette County Detention Center.
The Lexington Police Department is investigating a homicide that occurred Wednesday afternoon at Quinton Court.
At 3.20pm on Wednesday July 20, 2022, officers responded to the 300 block of Quinton Court to a report of a subject who had been shot. When officers arrived, they located a 38-year-old male victim with a gunshot wound. The victim was taken to a local hospital, where she was later pronounced dead.
The victim’s name will be released by the Fayette County Coroner’s Office.
Detectives are asking area residents to check their home surveillance video and contact the Lexington Police Department if they have any footage that could help the investigation.
Anyone with information about this case is asked to call Lexington Police at (859) 258-3600. Anonymous tips may be submitted to Bluegrass Crime Stoppers by calling (859) 253-2020, online at www.bluegrasscrimestoppers.com, or through the P3 Tips app available at www.p3tips.com.