LOUISVILLE, Ky. — After failing to complete the regular season sweep over Pitt, Louisville’s men’s basketball program is coming home in hopes of getting back on track, hosting Boston College at KFC Yum! Center.
Playing against the Panthers for the second time in 10 days, not much has gone right for the Cardinals. They shot just 33.3 percent from the floor, allowed Pitt to connect on 43.6 percent of their shots, and were outshot 41-32. This not only resulted in a 65-53 loss, but also extended Louisville’s losing streak to three.
As for the Eagles, it was a year of ups and downs under first-year head coach Earl Grant. Boston College is a game under .500 and has lost five of its last six games, but they’ve proven they can win in ACC play. They beat Notre Dame in their conference opener and upset Clemson on the road in their last outing.
This will be the 14th all-time meeting between Louisville and Boston College, with the Cardinals claiming a 9-4 series advantage. Louisville emerged victorious with a 76-64 win at Chestnut Hill, Mass. when they last met on January 2, 2021, mainly thanks to a total of 35 points, 17 rebounds and nine assists from David Johnson and Carlik Jones.
*Editor’s Note: Teaser rescheduled for 8:17 a.m. due to roof leak*
Boston College Eagles (7-8, 2-3 ACC) at Louisville Cardinals (10-7, 4-3 ACC)
- Date hour : Wednesday, January 19 at 8:17 p.m. EST
- Place: KFC yum! Center in Louisville, Ky.
- TV: Bally Sports South at Louisville – Evan Lepler (play-by-play) and Brian Oliver (analyst)
- Channel (Louisville)/Live Stream: Spectrum: 70; flat: 420; Direct-TV: 646; AT&T Uvers: 1725; streaming on the Bally Sports app and off-network WatchESPN/ESPN3; fuboTV (link here)
- Radio (Louisville): WKRD 790 AM; Paul Rogers (play by play), Bob Valvano (analyst).
(Photo by Samuell Williamson: David Butler II – USA TODAY Sports)
You can follow Louisville Report for future coverage by Like us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram:
Facebook – @LouisvilleOnSI
Instagram – @louisville_report
You can also follow Associate Editor Matthew McGavic on @Matt_McGavic on Twitter