One of the nation’s largest restaurant companies has filed a federal notice that could cause more than 1,000 Kentucky restaurant workers to have their jobs affected due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Tampa-based Bloomin ‘Brands, which owns Outback Steakhouse and Bonefish Grill among other restaurant chains, filed notices Monday under the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Act (WARN) “sudden reduction and unexpected hours “for 1,134 workers at 17 different restaurants in Kentucky.
Bloomin ‘Brands has yet to lay off restaurant workers in Kentucky, according to the filing, and has no plans to do so immediately. However, a “vast majority” of restaurant workers work reduced hours, the company said. These employees have received relief from Bloomin ‘Brands, and all restaurants are open for delivery and delivery.
Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear’s order for all restaurants and bars in the Commonwealth to shut down traffic in person on March 16 took a hit on the restaurant industry. Bloomin ‘Brands said in its statement that it hopes employees will be able to work hours before the pandemic in the future.
Bloomin ‘Brands has more than 1,450 restaurants and approximately 93,000 team members around the world. The company, which recently filed WARN notices in other states, has seen its shares rebound after falling at the start of the pandemic. While it traded at $ 4.83 per share on March 20, it ended Thursday at over $ 11 per share.
Here is a list of the 17 potentially affected restaurants in Kentuky and the number of employees who would be affected at each location:
- Bonefish Grill at 657 S. Hurstbourne Parkway in Louisville – 71 employees
- Bonefish Grill at 588 Buttermilk Pike in Crescent Springs – 60 employees
- Bonefish Grill at 2341 Sir Barton Way in Lexington – 53 employees
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill at 617 S. Hurstbourne Parkway in Louisville – 59 employees
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill at 1881 Plaudit Place in Lexington – 53 employees
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill at 2899 Dixie Highway in Crestview Hills – 65 employees
- Outback Steakhouse at 441 Riverhill Drive in Ashland – 59 employees
- Outback Steakhouse at 4621 Shelbyville Road in Louisville – 61 employees
- Outback Steakhouse at 127 W. Tiverton Way Suite 184 in Lexington – 106 employees
- Outback Steakhouse at 6520 Signature Drive in Louisville – 58 employees
- Outback Steakhouse at 9498 Brownsboro Road in Louisville – 74 employees
- Outback Steakhouse at 8101 Bardstown Road in Louisville – 73 employees
- Outback Steakhouse at 3995 Hinkleville Road in Paducah – 75 employees
- Outback Steakhouse at 3260 Scottville Road in Bowling Green – 67 employees
- Outback Steakhouse at 8030 Mall Road in Florence – 83 employees
- Outback Steakhouse at 400 Highland Park Drive in Richmond – 54 employees
- Outback Steakhouse at 1957 Bryant Road in Lexington – 63 employees